What it Means to Work at Lochner
Lochner values employees individually and collectively. Our goals and strategies include programs to attract, retain, and develop employees so the firm becomes a long-term home for top industry talent.
- Lochner fosters a collaborative environment in which employees at all levels build on each other’s strengths and are provided with opportunities to learn from each other. I am proud to be part of an organization that fosters teamwork, transparency, accountability and a culture of encouragement.
- While we are united in representing Lochner and serving our clients, we also reflect the communities in which we live and serve—Cuban coffee in Miami, outdoor adventures in Utah, baseball games in Chicago. We celebrate the uniqueness of our individual office cultures in ways that are meaningful to us.
- For me, employee engagement at Lochner is seeing a company that cares about its employees, and is invested in our success. This commitment to us, in turn, motivates us to elevate Lochner through the delivery of successful projects.
Employee development at Lochner happens at all levels with a mix of coaching, continuing education, and challenging opportunities that support continued growth. The Emerging Leadership Program promotes the implementation of leadership succession plans with in-house talent, the Lochner Learning Institute’s comprehensive library of on-demand videos provides educational content to fit the busiest of schedules, and annual performance evaluations prioritize the setting and achievement of career advancing stretch goals.
- Lochner offers a variety of great opportunities for professional and personal growth, such as great colleagues and highly experienced project managers who are both encouraging and supportive. I also have been fortunate to be a part of the Emerging Leadership Program where I am learning about operating a consulting business along with building valuable leadership skills.
- Lochner has provided me with opportunities for professional growth and a culture to support me in my development. In just a short time, I was able to build trust with managers and clients, provide value in even basic tasks, and stay challenged. My senior leadership continues to guide and mentor me, helping to shape me into the project manager that I am today.
- Lochner is a great learning organization and I value the opportunities that I have here to develop employees and help them achieve their goals. As part of the instruction team for the Emerging Leadership Program, I am able to share knowledge and insight with future leaders of our firm. Teaching and mentoring others teaches me to be a better leader.
Lochner employees are proud to support various charitable organizations and causes. Through the Giving Back Program, offices participate in an annual service activity benefiting their local community. Through Lochner Cares, an independent IRS-registered 501(c)(3) charity, employees support one another during times of unusual distress and can be granted donation matches for charitable organizations.
- I am grateful we can collectively do more to help others through our Lochner Cares charity and Giving Back program. Personally, I have been able to donate my time, receiving a PTO match to volunteer at a local hospital. I have done this each year for the past four years. It really makes a difference and I am glad to work for a company that values that.
- Lochner embraces the power of giving back through teams across the country volunteering in their community. Locally, we volunteer at the Central Texas Food Bank, organize blood drives, and hold an annual charity auction. This focus on stewardship not only strengthens the communities where we live and work, it builds camaraderie and collaboration within our teams.
Employee Engagement Through Corporate Stewardship
Lochner employees are proud to support various charitable organizations and causes. The Giving Back Program encourages offices to participate in an annual service activity benefiting their local community. Annually, the program averages nearly 1,000 service hours.
Lochner provides employees and their families with various resources that support professional and personal circumstances and goals.
The health and well-being of our employees and their families is central to their success personally and professionally. Lochner offers an industry-leading benefit package to support employees and their families through a variety of life’s events, including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- HSA with annual employer contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Wellness program for physical and mental health
- Pre-tax flex spending account for medical expenses
- Medication and medical supply discount program
- Counseling services and support for many of life’s events
- Lochner Cares non-profit 501(c)(3) for employee emergency assistance
Lochner recognizes the need to balance life at work and life outside of work by offering:
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Flexible paid holiday program
- Maternity leave
- Pre-tax dependent care spending account
From fair wages to retirement planning, financial wellness and security provide stability for employees and their families. Lochner provides several benefits and programs for employees:
- Industry-competitive wages
- 401(k) retirement plans with employer match
- Roth IRA retirement plans with employer match
- Transit pre-tax programs in select metro areas
- Employee discounts on a variety of products and services
- Employer provided financial advisors and educational tools
Lochner values the professional development and growth of employees through both challenging work opportunities and continued learning. Happening at all levels within the firm, Lochner maintains several practices and programs to support continued learning, including:
- Access to Lochner Learning Institute education and training tools
- Access to e-learning courses for professional licenses
- Payment for licenses and exam fees
- In-house Emerging Leadership Program
- On-going mentoring and coaching through performance evaluations
- Education and training assistance for qualifying employees
- Access to on-staff industry leaders
- Workshare opportunities to experience a variety of work across the firm
- Internship programs for college students and recent graduates
- Support for professional organization participation