Location: Statewide, Oklahoma
Owner: Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Client: Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Construction Cost: N/A
- Bridge Inspection ‐ Fracture Critical
- Bridge Inspection ‐ Element Level
- Structural Load Rating Analysis
- Nondestructive Evaluation/Testing
- Bridge Inspection ‐ Routine (Periodic)
- Bridge Inspection ‐ Special (Interim)
- Bridge Inspection ‐ Damage
- Bridge Inspection ‐ In‐Depth
- Emergency Inspection/Repair
- Structural Inspection
Since 1995, Lochner has performed several statewide inspection projects on behalf of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Services have included fracture critical and ultrasonic inspection for over 300 bridges and routine/elemental inspection for over a thousand bridges. The most recent contract requires providing fracture critical inspection services and load rating analysis for 70 off‐system bridges in northeastern Oklahoma.
Lochner is using specialized access methods, such as rope climbing and scaffold systems, for up‐close inspection. In the event that fatigue cracks are found in bridge steel members, nondestructive testing will be performed. Additionally, Lochner is updating the load ratings to include new special haul and emergency envelope trucks as mandated by the Federal Highway Administration.