We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2023 Lochner Annual Awards. Aligned with our organizational culture and guiding principles, the annual awards are open to all employees through a nomination process and recognize the exceptional performance of our employees and teams across the company.
- Ambassador Award: Kelly Rigot, PE, Sr. Project Manager, receives this award in recognition of her continuous commitment to advocating Lochner and our principles. As a leader both with our teams and in the industry, Kelly is the WTS Pittsburgh Chapter Past President, a member of the Penn State Transportation Engineering and Safety Conference Steering Committee, and leads Lochner’s Traffic Engineering Community of Practice.
- Health and Safety Award: Nick Ivancevic, Construction Manager, receives this award in recognition for his commitment to prioritizing health and safety in every aspect of his work. Nick was tasked to be Lead Field Inspector on a Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) project. The project had significant safety risks from beginning to end, including work around operating trains and live traction power, to working within a 60 to 80 foot right of way with heavy equipment and very limited access. Nick’s leadership was a key in completing the project with no significant safety incidents.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Award: Matt Cochran, PE, Structural Engineer and Adam Higgins, PE, Project Manager receive this award for their unique and innovative work using NEXT beams on the Ahlgrim Ditch bridge replacement project for the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT). Their innovative approach with NEXT beam technology not only saves time and money but also elevates Lochner’s reputation as a reliable and dynamic partner for INDOT.
- Giving Back Award: Lochner’s Lexington office receives this award for their commitment to supporting charitable causes in their local community. Led by Lochner Cares committee team members Josh Brewer, Cameron Heath, Claire Mackey, Kari Stockdale, and Terry Ueber, the Lexington office held four events in 2023 benefitting multiple causes including tornado victims in Western Kentucky, Habitat for Humanity, and the Ronald McDonald house.
- Collaboration Award: Danny Reed, CAD Manager, receives this award for demonstrating efforts in leveraging resources and expertise across the firm to improve our approach in work and business. After joining Lochner through the acquisition of @Armstrong Consultants, Danny was amongst the first involved in the post-merger integration process, collaborating with Lochner’s IT team to accomplish the large undertaking of integrating our systems and software.
- Sustainability Award: Lochner’s Chicago Design Team receives this award for their commitment to making sustainability an integral part of their work on the Hidden Lake Bridge Restoration and Rehabilitation Project. The team researched the history of the existing bridge, performed structural analysis, and developed unique details to recreate or strengthen existing structural elements. With a sustainability focus, the balanced design approach allows the bridge to be saved and continue to serve the Chicago region for many years to come.
Congratulations to our annual award recipients! Your outstanding dedication and commitment to representing Lochner in extraordinary ways does not go unnoticed.